Social Media, something that seems so simple, yet is so complicated to those who don’t
regularly use it. People who use it frequently just don’t seem to comprehend how
difficult it can be for people new to social media or to internet functions. With this in
mind, I want to give you all 5 tips on how to use Social Media.
1. Pick the Right Platform for your Target Market: Whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or maybe all 3! You are the only person who knows what kind
of people your business is trying to reach.
2. Be Human, have fun: I know this sounds silly, but when your company gives true, honest responses, it gives the customer a feeling that you have a personal
commitment to them; that you care about your customer. Being humorous in
some responses can help to create a great lasting impression with customers.
3. Don’t bring it home with you: Don’t sync your business account with your personal phone. Social media can be fun, but when you bring it home with you, it
can stress you out and become a 24/7 job. There are so many tools to help you
do this, take advantage of them! They’re free!
4. Check Grammar: I get that people when on a phone, don’t pay as much attention to capitalization and maybe where some punctuation should go, but if
you’re going to use Social Media, you need to give off a truly professional vibe.
People won’t take you seriously until you take yourself seriously.
5. Keep it Simple: Whatever platform you use, keep it simple. There’s no reason to post 3 pages worth of content. Have short little memos that people can read in
35 seconds. You want to engage people, not bore them.
And with that, I’m done!